Sunday, May 31, 2009

Middle Eastern

So the next event I plan on attending is Midnight at the Oasis. It's a 2 hour drive, and sounds fun. Since it will still be hot as heck here, I really didn't want to go in heavy Tudor/Ren garb. So I talked to Layla and Saffiya and they are helping me out with ME garb.

I've already created the pants, called Salwar, from the black linen I was planning on using for my overkirtle. (Ask me about why the plan changed for that sometime.) Anyway, they turned out VERY comfortable.

Now all I have to do is make a Choli, which is like a long, tight sleeved bra (open back), a light, gauzy shirt to go underneath it (with sleeves that dip to my knees), an over vest for extra cleave support, and a circle skirt over the whole thing.

Since I have plenty of time, and the Salwar are already made, I'm confident that this will all be completed well in time.

HA!!

No comments:

Post a Comment