Saturday, April 4, 2009

The Red Dress and a Viking Funeral



I completed the red dress this morning. The hem and hand-sewn trim and even the Order of the Opal badge lined in Atlantia blue.

The Viking Funeral went well, I think. Lord Rycharde made a viking longboat (I'll post pictures when I get them) and we all went down to the Pamlico Sound at sunset and everyone got floating candles. Lord Richard lit the boat as the Order of the Blue Scarf (a Rapier Academy) presented arms. The boat was pushed into the water. Lord Con presented Saffiya Sayyida with a plaque, read Lord Mark Dene's awards and affiliations, then everyone lit their candles and put them in the water as milady Daci played her recorder. A DVD will be made, and I will post it on the Cathanar website, as I am the new Webminister for the Shire of Cathanar.

No comments:

Post a Comment