Sunday, October 3, 2010

Vnuška's blanket

I have a grandchild.  First of the bunch.  Her name is Harmony, and she has so many grandparents I wanted to come up with a name for myself that she could use and there be no confusion.  So I chose the name Babiška.  (Pronounce that "bob-EESH-kah".)  It's Czech for grandmother.  So I have taken to calling her, in turn, vnuška. (It's pronounced "vuh-NEWSH-kah".)  Czech for granddaughter.

I started it when they were here on Labor Day weekend (when we had no Air Conditioning).
Finished it last night.  That's exactly one month.  Now I just have to finish Jared's blanket, Bryan's blanket, and redesign the two "jackets" I was making, since I can't figure out how to make the pattern work.    I tried making TWO of them, because I thought I might have messed up the pattern, but it was wrong on both of them, so it's not me.  So no jackets for joo!  I'll make something else out of them.  What, I don't know.  I have plenty to do.  I'll post pics when I'm done.

No comments:

Post a Comment